Gina Carano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show off your non-Gina art

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Empty Re: Show off your non-Gina art

Post  Bastiaan Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 am

Hmm, that seems a fair assessment. My designs are never of anyone special. Not that kind of special, I mean. Just people I'm a fan of or who I admire. Never ones I simply find beautiful, though, unless it's a request. Although I must admit I am far more inclined to create a wallpaper about someone I admire if she is beautiful than if she is not, if I were to choose between them. But somehow I feel that is understandable

As for my recent creation (I can't call that Missy one recent, I guess): I actually really like it. The Missy one is one of my favourites as well. I think for my wallpapers I will stick to a more simple style, since those are the ones I like best, with the exception of the pink Bridget one and the dark Kim one. Other than that, I find that the simpler ones often turn out better than the ones with all kinds of brushes and patterns and effects, like many other wallpapers have. I think I'll reserve that and most experimentation for the sigs, although simpler is sometimes better there too.

Anyway, about this one: FIrst off, I love Jaimie and I think she's rather gorgeous. That helps with creating a wallpaper. A lack of HQ pics of her does not, but there are some that can be found without too much time spent searching. I love these pics and the wallpaper I made from them, because of the colour scheme. I really like the composition. This is also where the simpler thing comes into play. I think it allows the wallpapers to be more calm and puts the spotlight on the person in it as well as the configuration and such, rather than it being about showing off the effects and your Photoshop skills. I guess that's why I like my simpler wallpapers in general and this one in particular.

My style will keep evolving, though, and I will not stop creating more complex wallpapers altogether, but I think that when I want to make a wallpaper that I want to be using myself, I'm gonna stick to simpler a bit more often, perhaps. I'm hoping I'll find time to make one or 2 more Jaimie wallpapers soon (depending on if I can find the pics). I still gotta keep experimenting with sigs, though, cos otherwise everything will just turn out the same. I think with the wallpapers, I should focus on the text a bit more, that's my weak point. As for the rest, I just can't help but feel that these basic designs are best, even though they require much less skill and perhaps creativity to produce. But I prefer searching for that one right pic, with the beautiful colour composition and then let the pics show off themselves. I guess that's one of the reasons I generally use pics from the same shoot or event when making a wallpaper

Anyway, now that I have somewhat figured out who Photoshop-me is, I thought I'd devote one of my famous essays to it. I'm not the Essayman for nothing
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

http://missy-peregrym.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastiaan Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:24 pm

I made another Jaimie wallpaper. I've wanted to make about 3, but I never felt like making them. And now I planned to just line up a few pics for the 3th, but I decided to make something anyway. I might make a different version of this, with the same pics, but for now this'll have to do. This means that despite making this wallpaper, I now have at least 4 Jaimie wallpapers lined up Razz

Btw, usually I take fairly long to create a wallpaper, but this one took less than 15 mins

Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Jaimiewall4a.th
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastiaan Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:44 pm

And another very simple and quite quick wallpaper. I don't have the time to make a more complicated one right now, but I intend to do so. My main problem is that with this wallpaper I did nothing with the background. And it's not like with the last 2 Jaimie ones, where the pictures were chosen because of their background (as my next Jaimie one will be). I'm also not really sure what to do with the background. I usually pick images of which I don't have to erase the entire beackground and fabricate my own. Though in this one it's not too bad.

I wonder, though, I haven't made much stuff lately and what I have made has been similar to this. Does that mean I'm no longer advancing and possibly ven regressing? I just have no idea anymore how else to make these wallpapers. Maybe the people and pics I choose are just too good Razz

Anyway, if you've read through all that: congratulations! If not: I understand, but reading really is good for you (though not my stuff per se)!

Be warned! This wallpaper once again is quite huge: 1920x1080 and 1,6MB
Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Katemarawall1.th

EDIT: I just made my next Jaimie wallpaper. Ittook a little over half an hour, mainly because I changed the way I blended them like 3 times. With this one I did nothing than blend the pics and fiddle with colour curves and such. I've made several colour versions of it, but these 2 are my favourites:
Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Jaimiewallbeach3.th Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Jaimiewallbeach.th
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastiaan Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm

A new wallpaper! At another forum, a friend of mine politely suggested I should try to not put more than one copy of my person in the wallpapers. He showed me an official wallpaper from Transporter. So he sort of also suggested I try to make a background rather than what I usually do: just blend the pics. Although I don't think it would've been nice with the latest Jaimie pics I used (the rocky shores wallpaper), it could be nice for others, such as the Kate Mara one.

Well, I experimented a bit without a clear plan and not as much time as I would've liked, and I came up with the following wallpaper.

The only preset image I used is of Kate (though of course I removed the background and fiddled with the curves). Considering this is more or less an experiment and half the stuff I used are things I haven't used before and the whole design is something new for me too, I think it's not half bad. The colouring of the centre thing is a little bit off perhaps, but I didn't really think about the colours until it was already created and by then it's hard/doesn't look good when you change the colour. And I wasn't too sure what to do with the text, though, but that's always a problem for me.

So, what do you think? It's definitely a new thing for me, a step in some direction. Is it a step forwards?

Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Marawallexperiment1b.th

Ang: The size is rather huge again. so here's one half the size and lower quality (this one is 109Kb): Small one

EDIT: Just realized I can change the colour by simply saving the background as jpg and then importing that, so I've made it in a few more colours. Though since everything changes, it's not as nice as if I would've made em this colour from the start, but it gives an idea of what it would've looked like. FOr my next wallpaper I will think better about the colour beforehand.
I'm not actually sure I prefer any of these over the (very red) original, although the pink and orange are ok. The blue and purple are too intense, which apparently works better for red than those colours. The rest of the background in the red one is also a bit lighter.

Anyway, here are the modded ones, all in small size and low quality:

Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Marawall1purplesmall.th
Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Marawall1pinksmall.th
Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Marawall1orangesmall.th
Show off your non-Gina art - Page 3 Marawall1bluesmall.th
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content