Gina Carano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release

4 posters

Go down

Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release Empty Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release

Post  aiki_chick Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release
Posted by Edward Davis at 12:15 PM

When we first reported about Steven Soderbergh's spy thriller, "Knockout" starring mixed martial arts champion Gina Carano, we did say the title of the film was a working one and would probably change, did we not?

And change it has. According to tweets by Jules Asner, Soderbergh's wife, and other tweets and message board reports at a recent screening, the film is now titled, "Haywire" and has been set for a January 2011 release.

The film has an incredible supporting cast including Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Michael Fassbender ("Inglourious Basterds," "Hunger"), Channing Tatum, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton (who made a last minute sub-in for Dennis Quaid who had to drop out), Michael Angarano, French actor and director Mathieu Kassovitz ("Amelie," Spielberg's "Munich").

The film centers on a black ops soldier (Carano) who seeks revenge after she is betrayed and set up during a mission. We read the Lem Dobbs-penned script earlier this year and it is no frills, taut and lean to the bone at just over 90 pages; a riveting and sharp read.

If the picture is screening, has a title and is scheduled, it sounds like it's basically done and awaiting its release by Lionsgate. The action thriller was shot all over the world including Barcelona, New Mexico and Dublin.

Next up for Soderbergh is the Scott Z. Burns-written virus thriller "Contagion" which is scheduled to shoot this fall in 3D and features an amazing all-star cast that includes Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Marion Cotillard and Laurence Fishburne. Warner Bros. has already given it a October 21, 2011 release date.

Posted by Edward Davis at 12:15 PM

Source: The Playlist
aiki_chick
aiki_chick

http://xranter.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release Empty Re: Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release

Post  Bastiaan Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 pm

January huh? That's not too bad. I wonder what the thought behind the title is. 'Knockout' may have been the working title partly because of Gina's profession. But I guess we'll find out when the movie is released
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

http://missy-peregrym.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release Empty Re: Steven Soderbergh's Spy Thriller, 'Knockout,' Becomes 'Haywire' & Now Set For A January 2011 Release

Post  Brittany Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 am

Yes, I was wondering the same thing with the new title. But, on the bright side, at least we know when it'll release. And it isn't too far away. I surely can't wait to see it!
Brittany
Brittany
Admin

http://g-carano.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:03 pm

What are you guys talking about? January is still faaaar away, lol. I am not the most patient of people, especially not for movies that I REALLY want to see. 'Haywire' actually sounds better than 'Knockout' in my opinion.
Angelique
Angelique
Admin

https://ginacarano.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down