Gina Carano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review of the decade

2 posters

Go down

Review of the decade Empty Review of the decade

Post  Bastiaan Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:13 pm

With the decade over, it's time to review. What has been your favourite (personal) moment, what event shaped your life, what do you remember the most.... Post here whatever you want to review about the first decade of the 21st century.

A defining moment for me probably was moving to another city to go study at the university. When the decade began I was still in primary school, but there wasn't much of a change when I went to high school, just different people there. But I moved to the other part of our tiny country to go to the university.
I also acquired a love for music during the last decade, which is great. Music got me through some harder times.
Another thing is that my grandpa died (4 years ago now). SInce he was the only grandparent I had left and he visited us 3 times a day (he lived 20 yards away), it was very weird when he was gone.
And then of course there's Gina Carano Razz

I'm probably forgetting one or two things, but that's ok. Those are some major events for me personally

There were of course some major events globally that we will never forget. Most notably of course the 9/11 attacks and all that followed.
But also some nature events such as the tsunami and Katrina. Global warming has been quite an issue this last decade. And of course we had some economic crises. Major advancements were made in technology, as is the way it should be. I'm not going into all that, let's leave that for others to post (yes, my parents are calling for me to go eat lunch Razz )

All in all, this decade had some high highs and some low lows and for me personally it was a decade defined by me growing up from a primary school 10 year old boy to a 20 year old guy with way too many projects running all at once Razz. I'm looking forward to this next decade and let's see if we make it past 2012 Wink
Bastiaan
Bastiaan

http://missy-peregrym.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Review of the decade Empty Re: Review of the decade

Post  Angelique Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:48 am

Nice Bas! To be honest, when I first read this post I thought there was no way I was going to reply to it. Trying to find good things that are worthy to be here, just didn't want to come to mind. I'm also not good at all this emotional stuff, so thought "to hell with it". Now I'm replying though (obviously, lol). There's mostly been tragedies shaping the decade - the worst years of my life to be honest. I'm hoping that this year will be different, and the start of great things.

The one thing that really stands out though is my discovery of Gina, MMA and Muay Thai. If it wasn't for that combo, I wouldn't be here (long story). So to those three, I owe my life - Oh, and I'm not going to leave God out of it, 'cause I know He's looked out for me throughout my life, and has His hand in bringing this into my life. Smile

The world is a different place, what with everything you mentioned Bas, and everyone can feel that things aren't quite right on the earth. Obviously there were worse years (with World War 2, etc), but there's still something different in the air - I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Angelique
Angelique
Admin

https://ginacarano.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down