Gina Carano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010

2 posters

Go down

Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010 Empty Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010

Post  Angelique Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Little has been heard from Gina Carano since her loss to Cris Cyborg in August, and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker doesn't expect to see her back in action before mid-2010.

Coker said on this week's edition of The MMA Hour that Carano, who is set to begin filming the new Steven Soderbergh movie, Knockout, in early 2010, isn't in Strikeforce's immediate plans.

"It's pretty clear that we won't see her until second quarter of next year, and probably late second quarter," Coker said. "Probably towards the summertime. That's when we're expecting her back."

Despite the fact that she doesn't have any fights lined up, Carano's star continues to shine bright, as she was recently featured in ESPN The Magazine's highly publicized "Body Issue."

But while she, and many other professional athletes, including Randy Couture, showed off some skin in the magazine, Carano recently told Newsday's Neil Best that she won't be bearing it all any time soon.

"It was all good. But I'm just a shy person, so it's a little bit hard. It was beautiful, but I'm shy. No more. I'm going to keep my clothes on for a while, I think."

Whenever she returns to action, Carano figures to still be in the title mix in Strikeforce's 145-pound women's division, which has improved a lot since she last fought with the recent additions of Marloes Coenen, Erin Toughill and Roxanne Modafferi.

Source: MMA Fanhouse
Angelique
Angelique
Admin

https://ginacarano.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010 Empty Re: Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010

Post  Brittany Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Mid-summer is so far away, but hopefully it will pass by quickly. I really want to see her back in the cage, but I'm also anxious to see how her movie turns out as well.
Brittany
Brittany
Admin

http://g-carano.com

Back to top Go down

Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010 Empty Re: Gina Expected Back 'Summertime' 2010

Post  Angelique Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 pm

I agree with you on this one. The years seem to go by faster lately, so soon we'll be saying "I can't wait to go watch Gina's movie". Will be awesome if she has a fight a few weeks before or after the film is released. Hopefully we won't have to wait till 2011 for it though (the movie I mean).
Angelique
Angelique
Admin

https://ginacarano.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down